Monday, April 16, 2007

A visit from mom and sis :)

My mother, Bente, and sister, Gøril

A couple of weeks ago I had my dear mom and sister visiting for 8 days. They'd never been to Shanghai before, althou my mom visited Beijing last year. Their overall impression of the city seemed to be good, and I didn't here any negative comments about anything! Guess I showed them the right places then ;)

Dining at a BBQ-place, opposite of the Nanjing Lu fake-market

Not to brag, but I'm quite satisfied with my guideing the week they were here =) We started of by visiting the new shopping area nearby Fudan. As the prices there are a little stiff (compared to Qi Pu Lu, heh..), and we all had a short nights sleep behind us, a lot of shopping didn't exactly find place.

The mandatory Teppanyaki dinner :)

The next day we went to the silk market to get some clothes tailored. I had to push them around for a couple of hours before they actually got some suites made, and they were quite happy with the results :) My sister is in the convenient situation of fitting just about everything that is already made in the market, so she didn't have to get everything specially tailored.

Chinese supermarket (or WalMart...)

The rest of the days we did 3 fake markets, Qi Pu Lu (the huge clothes market), Teppanyaki dining, arabic (or tuskish, or something...) dining, Yu Yuan garden, walking in poorer districts and so on. For more selected photos from their visit, just click the picture below.

2007-04-07 Besøk av mamma & Gøril

Oh, and Stian...NO, you're not getting my sister's e-mail adress!

No comments: